THALES are looking to recruit a General Sonar Studies (GSS) Technical Author / Assistant to support the business operations by doing administrative and technical tasks as part of the GSS team. This role will be an integral part of the GSS team supporting multiple activities from bids, technical reports, services and projects. This Role will be based at our Cheadle office.
What can we offer you?
On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes the following:
- Pension Scheme
- Half day finish on a Friday.
- 28 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Life Cover 24/7 Employee Assistance Program and access to mental wellbeing app
- Employee discount shopping schemes on major brands and retailers
- Gym membership discounts
What will you deliver?
Technical Author responsibilities:
- Willingness to learn about the lifecycle of a research project
- Support the GSS team in technical writing:
- Bids – coordinating a complete GSS response from multiple GSS teams
- Reports – willingness to learn how to re-utilise previous technical information independently, supporting the technical algorithm developer
- Test plans: supporting and contributing to the development of test plans
- Support the Head of GSS & team in administrative functions as required, for example but not limited to:
- Maintaining specific GSS technical training development and requests,
- Ensuring efficient delivery of reports to customers
- Assisting in the running of the GSS team.
Who are we looking for?
This role requires a problem-solving mind-set and keenness to work both independently and collaboratively to find solutions.
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent teamwork alongside an enthusiasm for technology, innovation and high quality deliverables is a must.
- A desire to continually learn and develop technical skills.
- A “can-do” approach and the initiative, positivity and creativity required to continually improve process.
- Exceptional organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks, plan your own time and communicate this to others
- A high degree of tact, discretion and professionalism when dealing sensitive information
- Excellent proficiency in English and arithmetic
The successful candidate will need full Security Clearance (SC). For more information and guidance please visit the UKSV website.