Assistant Professor in Applied Mathematics
Posted on Nov 22, 2019 in Job Opportunities in Acoustics
Closing date for applications: 9 January 2020
University of Nottingham are looking for an Assistant Professor to deliver high quality teaching and undertake original research of international excellence in Applied Mathematics, complementing and enhancing the current activity of the Industrial and Applied Mathematics group in the School of Mathematical Sciences. Applications from excellent candidates in any area of Applied Mathematics are welcome, especially those with a background in wave modelling, wave chaos and asymptotics, fluid dynamics or complex fluids.
We believe that talented and inclusive teams deliver the highest quality research and are seeking applications from high quality candidates who enhance the diversity of our existing team. The School is committed to creating opportunities for people traditionally under-represented in Mathematical Sciences.
You will be able to carry out duties to the highest standard and to evidence how, through your experience, you will:
- Plan and deliver high quality teaching on undergraduate and MSc applied mathematics modules
- Provide curriculum development within your own area of expertise and collaborate with colleagues to design courses and/or programmes
- Develop research proposals to attract funding from Research Councils, Industry, EU, and other sources
- Have a proven track-record in publishing research work of international quality in Applied Mathematics or related areas
- Contribute to the dissemination of research outputs at national/international conferences, workshops, and meetings
We are looking for a proactive, organised appointee who can evidence:
- A PhD, or equivalent in applied mathematics, mathematical physics, engineering mathematics or a related subject.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Good pedagogical skills required to teach a range of applied (including service) modules.
- Proven track-record in publishing research work of international quality in applied mathematics.
This is a permanent post which is available from 1st April 2020. Hours of work are full-time (36.25 hours) ; however applications are also welcome from candidates wishing to work part-time (minimum 29 hours per week). Please specify in your application if you wish to work part time and the number of preferred hours.Job share arrangements may be considered for this post.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Professor Gregor Tanner tel: +44(0)115 951 3842, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applications sent directly to this email address will not be accepted.
Information about the School is available at: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/mathematics/index.aspx
Our University has always been a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community. We warmly welcome those of different cultures, ethnicities and beliefs – indeed this very diversity is vital to our success, it is fundamental to our values and enriches life on campus. We welcome applications from UK, Europe and from across the globe. For more information on the support we offer our international colleagues, visit; https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/jobs/applyingfromoverseas/index2.aspx