The Computational Acoustics Knowledgebase (knowledgebase.acoustics.ac.uk
The website is now available to view, and some content is in place. Now we need your help to develop it!
On 16th and 17th June 2022, the Computational Acoustics SIG are holding a hackathon centred around the knowledgebase. If you’d like to improve the existing materials, add something new, contribute your own code or just find out a bit more about the project, please join us! During each day we will have multiple breakout rooms running where we will be discussing and developing different areas of the knowledgebase, getting to grips with GitHub and the process of contributing to community projects, and other relevant ideas. Whether you’re an experienced site developer wanting to get stuck in, or you just want to let us know how you think we could improve the resource, please do try to pop in.
Even if you can only attend for a short time, please sign up for a ticket here.
The schedule will be as follows:
Thursday 16th June
- 09:00-10:30: Initial meeting. Identifying and working groups.
- 10:30-12:30: Morning session 1. Breakout rooms available (at least one dedicated to introducing beginners to GitHub).
- 12:30-13:30: Break for lunch
- 13:30-15:30: Afternoon session 1. Breakout rooms available.
- 15:30:16:00: Initial debrief session.
Friday 17th June
- 09:00-10:00: Morning briefing. Reflecting on Thursday’s progress, identifying today’s priorities and tasks.
- 10:00-12:00: Morning session 2. Breakout rooms available (at least one dedicated to introducing beginners to GitHub).
- 12:00-13:00: Break for lunch
- 13:00-15:00: Afternoon session 2. Breakout rooms available.
- 15:00:16:00: Debrief, setting plans for future development.
The two morning sessions are intended to set priorities for each day, and we will have 2-hour Zoom slots open in the morning and afternoon each day for discussion and development. You are welcome to use these or you may prefer to go away and work on the content on your own. We will also have a debrief session on Friday afternoon.