UKAN Physical Acoustics SIG Workshop on 3D printing of porous sound absorbers
Date: Wednesday 22nd of April 2020
Time: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
This event will be run as a video-conference. Details on how to log in are below.
Increasingly, Additive Manufacturing is seen as a route to manufacturing porous structures with targeted and tailored sound absorbing properties. However, several problems have been encountered when using 3D printing for this purpose.
This provides the motivation for the workshop which will review and discuss the state-of-the-art, including
- examples and experiences in 3D printing of porous sound absorbers,
- fundamental definitions of microstructural parameters,
- analytical and numerical models for acoustical properties,
- designs based on enhancing tortuosity and compressibility,
- comparisons between the measured and predicted performances of 3D printed samples
- multi-functional possibilities.
Invited speakers include Philippe Leclaire (University of Bourgogne), Camille Perrot (University of Paris East) and Tomasz Zielinski (Institute of Fundamental Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences).
A copy of the programme can be found here.
Registration link is here.
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United Kingdom: +44 330 221 0097
Access Code: 613-496-389
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts: