UKAN+ Early-Career Travel Grant Program
The UKAN+ Early Career (EC) travel grant aims to support early-career members who lack funding to attend academic events (e.g., conferences, workshops), travel for the purposes of collaboration with other members, and other events that are not covered by the UKAN+ regular travel grant.
Program requirements and process
- Any early-career members of the UKAN+ EC SIG (excluding EPSRC funded researchers/PhD students, whose travel is already supported by the EPSRC) are eligible to apply.
- Ideally, the request should be submitted more than three months in advance of the travel, with evidence of confirmation to attend (unless the SIG-EC itself is running the event). The EC team aim to respond to the request within 6 weeks.
- The requested funding should not exceed £500. Requests for more funding will be considered only in exceptional cases.
- To apply, please fill in the UKAN+ EC Travel Grant form. When your application is approved, book your travel arrangements. To claim, forward the approved UKAN+ EC Travel Form/email, completed Expenses claim form (requested from manager Zoë Hunter at email@example.com and paying attention to the guidance notes) and receipts to Zoë Hunter. If you are University of Sheffield Staff please follow the internal process.
- In submitting their application, the successful applicant also agrees to complete a copy of the Outcomes of UK Acoustics Network Plus Travel Grant Form within 1 month of the end of the visit.
- To claim the grant, the successful applicant must submit a report of the Outcomes and Impact of the travel grant (in the form of a report or blog post) within 1 month of the end of the event. Receipts will be needed for the claim.
Please submit your application by filling the UKAN+ EC Travel Grant form.
If you have any enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
UKAN+ Early Career SIG