We are looking for a recent or soon-to-be Graduate to join us as Technical Specialist as part of our Early Career Programme.
As a Technical Specialist you will support top industrial clients, work on innovative projects, and become an expert on our acoustic simulation software Actran. You will provide support to critical customers as they challenge you with technical and business problem-solving.
As you gain experience, you can apply for roles internally in other business functions (e.g. R&D, Consulting Services, Product Management, Product Marketing) or you can develop your skills within your initial team. Based in our Nottingham office, you can look forward to a mix of on-the-job learning, training courses and project work.
Tasks in detail:
- Work with Hexagon engineers across the organization, resolving customer inquiries regarding our acoustic simulation software Actran.
- Drive product evolution and quality by documenting product issues, and work with colleagues in Product Development in the implementation of solutions.
- Develop or update learning content for use in an instructor-led training or e-Learning environment.
- Deliver instructor-led training classes and technical seminars.
- Define and promote industry best practices leveraging Hexagon software solutions.
- Generate relevant collateral for self-service support of Hexagon Design & Engineering products.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Acoustics, Mathematics or Aerospace Engineering with graduation date in 2022 or 2023.
- Hands-on experience or domain knowledge in some of the following areas:
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Acoustic Simulation
- Material Modeling
- Structural Analysis
- System Dynamics
- Modern high level programming languages (such as Python), databases, analytics, and/or Machine Learning
- Excellent communication skills and motivated to work in direct contact with customers.
- A valid UK or EU passport, or a valid UK Visa to be eligible to reside in the UK on a permanent basis.
What we offer:
You will be teamed with colleagues across the globe, experiencing their customer challenges, absorbing the culture, and giving you a broad perspective on our products, customers, and company; including potential overseas assignments lasting from weeks to months and fully funded by Hexagon.
This ECP is designed to start you on a journey towards becoming a technical expert or future business leader; your options will be many.