The fifth DENORMS workshop “Symposium on Acoustic Metamaterials” (SAM) will be held from 7th to 9th November 2018 in Xàtiva (Spain), organised by YRAM (Young Researcher in Acoustic Metamaterials) and Universitat Politècnica de València.
The first Symposium on Acoustic Metamaterials is targeted to Early Career Investigators (i.e. researcher whose career spun less than 8 years since the date of the PhD) and PhD candidates and aims at sharing new advances and breakthroughs as well as fostering the community of young researchers in the field of acoustic metamaterials. The first SAM will be organised around 6 different sessions comprising 20 min talks and 4 plenary lectures.
Topics covered by SAM are listed below but restricted to:
– Acoustic/elastic metamaterials and phononic crystals
– Acoustic/elastic metasurfaces
– Non-reciprocal manipulation of acoustic/elastic waves
– Acoustic/elastic meta-devices based on transformation acoustics, parity-time symmetric acoustics, topological acoustics
– Novel physical concepts for harnessing acoustic/elastic waves
– New applications of metamaterial-based functional devices for acoustic sensing, cloaking, imaging, absorption, energy harvesting, etc.
Several social activities will be organised during the symposium.
Participation in the Workshop is free of charges, but registration is mandatory before submitting the abstract. Registration should be completed online before 12th October 2018.
35 grants will be attributed on competitive basis to Early Career Investigators and PhD candidates who will give a talk. These grants are contribution to the travel, accommodation and meal expenses will be available for participants who are presenting an abstract during the Workshop: 60 EUR per night (4 nights maximum), 15 EUR per meal, reimbursement of the transport (most economical way of transport). Priority will be given to PhD students and Early Career Investigators.
Abstracts submission should be performed simultaneously with the registration before 27th July 2018.