Lios is an advanced acoustic technology company created with the aim of developing technologies to eradicate harmful noise damage. Lios empowers the building of tomorrow’s quieter world – through the development of materials that reduce the initial risk of exposure to loud noise and technologies which alleviate damage after it has occurred. SoundBounce is an acoustic material which works to reduce noise and vibration. SoundRelief is a clinically proven tinnitus sound therapy used in over 60 countries worldwide and is accessed through the app stores.
Lios has grown over the last decade to foster a spirit of innovation and a passion for developing real-world solutions through building a team of experts in material science, acoustics, licensing, design, marketing, predictive modelling, project management, and sales. Come join our growing international team of innovative, enthusiastic, and dedicated individuals in creating technologies that make a difference.
About the role
We are looking for Research Assistant to join our talented team. This role is a great opportunity to join a growing team working at the forefront of innovation in new acoustic materials. In recent years a new class of acoustic materials with high performance properties has been developed called acoustic metamaterials. The Research Assistant will make use of Trinity’s world leading additive manufacturing and acoustic test facilities to test and validate the performance of this metamaterial under real-world conditions.
What you will do?
- Conduct acoustic testing:
- Use of equipment including impedance tube, reverberation chamber, etc.
- R&D testing, parametric studies, study of new and existing product designs
- Sample Quality Control
- Carry out mechanical testing
- E.g., Tensile testing, dynamic testing, shear
- Use CAD for new and existing SoundBounce design
- Sample assembly
- Operation of 3D printer
- Lab scale prototype manufacturing
What you will bring?
- Experience in ISO/ASTM test procedures and experimental acoustics.
- Good working knowledge of CAD – Solidworks, Creo or equivalent.
- Ability to learn new experimental techniques and conduct experiments repeatably to a high standard.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience of writing scientific reports.
- Proven track record in scientific work and a relevant degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to work well independently, be a self-starter, and bring new ways of working to the research team. Creatively solve problems and take ownership of new projects.
- Ability to manage more than one workstream at a time and good time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well with internal teams and external partners.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and complexity and open to change and learn.
- Experience of interaction with industrial research projects or experience working in research within an industrial environment would also be desirable.
What we offer?
- Salary range €30 to €35k, dependent on experience
- Minimum 25 days annual leave (based on full-time hours), expands with service
- Comfortable and relaxed office in the heart of Dublin City Centre
- Personal growth and training budget
- Enhanced maternity leave benefit
- Bike to work scheme & Travelsaver
Contract type – Permanent/Full time
Lios is an equal opportunities employer.
Equality, diversity and inclusion is central to the ethos of Lios. We particularly encourage women, Black, Asian and minority ethnic, LGBT and disabled applicants to apply for this position. We give full consideration to applicants that wish to work flexibly including part-time and due consideration will be given to applicants who have taken a career break. Lios has generous annual leave and enhanced maternity benefits.