This important and challenging 36-month Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) is between Seiche Ltd and the University of Bath (Physics and Mechanical Engineering departments). Do you want to further your career through a project with one of the UK’s leading research-intensive universities and ultimately, pursue a career in industry?
We have an opportunity for you to ‘fast track’ your career into business by leading a high profile and strategically important project to a successful conclusion. You will have the opportunity to utilise your academic achievements in an industrial setting to design, develop, and commercialise the next generation of underwater sensing technology.
This technology will be used for applications in the defence and environmental sectors to detect, localise and classify underwater targets. Examples include port and harbour security, habitat noise surveys and marine mammal monitoring.
The role is full-time and will be based in Seiche Ltd premises either at Okehampton or Bradworthy (as most suitable for the Associate). Both locations have limited public transport therefore the Associate will need to have their own transport. Regular visits to work with the team based in Bradworthy will be required. Throughout the project, the KTP Associate will play a key role in managing and implementing strategic development in the business and transferring knowledge between the University and the business.
The company – With its internationally recognised expertise in passive acoustic monitoring and sound and vibration engineering, Seiche Ltd undertakes a wide range of underwater sound tasks including wildlife impact studies and equipment evaluation. Seiche Ltd is at the forefront in providing cetacean monitoring to avoid harm to cetaceans during oil, gas and associated geological industry operations.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A Master level qualification (or equivalent), in engineering or related discipline
- Hardware and sensor design experience.
- A strong software background with previous industrial or research project experience
- Proven experience of programming skills, ideally in Matlab, Python, C & C++ or similar
- The ability to design, organise and undertake field trial and demonstrations.
- The skills to interpret field data and critically assess its validity
KTP Associate – The benefits
- Accelerate your career
- Gain valuable experience and marketable, highly transferable skills
- Take early responsibility for a high profile project
- Receive mentoring from the company and an experienced academic team
- Opportunity to gain a professional qualification
- Receive practical and formal management training and development
- Enjoy an excellent chance of a permanent post with the company
Further information about KTPs can be found at http://ktp.innovateuk.org/
Interviews will be held at the Company premises in Okehampton, Devon, on Monday 3rd February 2020
Any questions about this role email: email@example.com
Apply through this link.