The 51st International Congress and Exposition on Noise Control Engineering is to be held at the Scottish Event Campus (SEC) in Glasgow on the 21-24 August 2022. This is the major international conference on noise control engineering and attracts scientists, engineers and consultants from around the world.
The Congress theme is Noise Control in a more Sustainable Future. This theme is particularly timely and the congress venue is the same as that for the recent conference on climate change COP 26.
The Technical Program will have sessions in Main Topics ranging from Aircraft Noise to Underwater, Ship and Offshore Acoustics. Included is the Topic: Profession, Training and Outreach, which will be of special interest to young researchers, engineers and consultants who are at the early stage of their careers.
The Congress is organised by the Institute of Acoustics (IOA) and the United Kingdom Acoustics Network (UKAN) on behalf of the International Institute of Noise Control Engineering (I-INCE).
For full details please visit Inter-noise 2022
Buddy Scheme for Inter-noise 2022
The purpose of the scheme is to enable people who are not confident about attending Internoise 2022 (‘buddies’) to have a point of contact (‘mentor’) throughout the conference starting with the breakfast on the first day and other social/networking events (e.g. conference dinner) so that they feel less nervous about the conference and more inclined to attend. The scheme will also enable people to meet other attendees of the conference, as well as a few of the Leaders of the Institute of Acoustics, with their mentor there to introduce them.
There will be two buddies to each mentor to maximise opportunities for buddies to be involved in the conference. It will be up to buddies and mentors to decide how often they would like to meet. Some of the suggested opportunities include:
- Pre-Conference: Buddies and mentors will be encouraged to have a video call to get to know each other a little before the conference.
- Early Career Group Breakfast: Buddies and mentors will meet during the Early Career Group Breakfast on the Monday morning of the conference.
- First Break: Buddies can catch up with their mentor to discuss how the first session has gone and if they have any queries about the conference so far.
- Lunch breaks: Opportunity for all buddies and mentors to get together so that mentors can introduce their buddies to other conference attendees and some of the Leaders of the IOA.
- Conference Dinner: Buddies can meet their mentor at the conference dinner.
There will be many other opportunities during the conference.
More information can be found at https://internoise2022.org/buddy-scheme/.