UKAN+ is organising a series of Connecting SIGs events, the aim of which is to enable members across all special interest groups (SIGs) to learn more about the research conducted in other SIGs and to connect with other researchers. Four events will be held, each highlighting the activities relating to four of the UKAN+ SIGs.
The fourth Connecting SIGs event on The Future Urban Soundscape will be held on Tuesday 24th May at 3-5 pm (UK Time), as a virtual event (Zoom). Please note that the link and password to join the virtual event will be sent to registered attendees by Monday 23rd May 2022.
The three SIGs presenting at this event will be Aeroacoustics, Noise and Soundscape, and Vibro-Acoustics.
- Welcome and Introductions (3.00 pm – 3.10 pm)
- SIG overview presentations: Aeroacoustics (Dale Smith), Noise and Soundscape (Francesco Aletta), Vibro-acoustics (Joshua Meggitt) (3.10 pm – 3.25 pm)
- Series of 3-minute pitch presentations highlighting research projects (3.25 pm – 3.50 pm)
- Break (3.50 pm – 4.00 pm)
- Featured talk 1: Damiano Casalino (3DS): On the use of Lattice-Boltzmann Scale-Resolving Flow Simulations for Rotary Machine Aeroacoustics (4.00 pm – 4.15 pm)
- Featured talk 2: Arnaud Can (UMRAE): Urban trends and their impact on soundscape (4.15 pm – 4.30 pm)
- Open discussion – Challenges and Opportunities for the Future Urban Soundscape (4.30 pm – 4.50 pm)
- Close (4.50 pm – 5.00 pm)
Please register for this event by Friday 20 May 2022 here.
You will receive an email with a Zoom-link one day before the event.
If you have any questions or would like some further information, please email Antonio J Torija Martinez at A.J.TorijaMartinez@salford.ac.uk.