1st International Photoacoustic Standardisation Consortium Meeting
Posted in Events
- Nov 4, 2019
- 9:00 — 18:00
- National Physical Laboratory in Teddington, UK
We are delighted to invite you to our 1st International Photoacoustic Standardisation Consortium Meeting. This one-day meeting aims to review the current status of standardisation in Photoacoustic Imaging (PAI), and to develop future plans for our efforts to move standardisation forward in the context of preclinical and clinical application of the technology. We particularly welcome those with prior experience in: regulatory processes for adoption of new technologies; ultrasound imaging standardisation; and development of QA/QC for clinical imaging systems.
The meeting will take place on November 4th, 2019, from 9.00 – 18.00 at the National Physical Laboratory in Teddington, UK (Link) and will be free to attend, but registration is required.
The meeting aims to:
1. Inform on IPASC consortium aims and recent efforts within the themes;
2. Introduce the experience of other standardisation efforts from similar communities including ultrasound and optical imaging by talks from respective experts (Dr. Volker Wilkens, Dr. Heidrun Wabnitz; Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt, Germany);
3. Facilitate discussion and consensus finding on key topics related to PAI biomarker validation, including basic terms and definitions as well as plans for multi-centre studies within the consortium;
4. Provide a networking platform, including an e-poster session, to facilitate further collaboration.
You can find the programme of the meeting attached. Lunch and refreshments will be provided, so registration is required (Link). Please register by Friday 18th October 2019. If you wish to attend but need assistance in securing funding to travel to NPL, please contact us as we may be able to help.
The meeting will also offer the opportunity to present relevant research during an e-poster session. Please indicate whether you would like to present a poster in the respective field on the registration form.
If you have any further questions, please contact us at the email addresses found below. Please also spread the word about the meeting to friends and colleagues in the broader PAI community. For attendance of the meeting IPASC membership is not required.
We are looking forward to a productive meeting,
The Organising Committee (on behalf of the IPASC leadership team)
Lina Hacker (email@example.com)
Aoife Ivory (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Efthymios Maneas (email@example.com)