– Introduction (aims of this meeting), 10-15 minutes.
– Presentations by participants, 2 hours (5 minutes per participant, please) with a break in between each hours to allow for networking.
– Discussions for which participants will be divided into smaller groups with common goals and objectives, 30 minutes.
– Collecting, discussing and recording ideas from each individual group, 15-20 minutes.
– Summary of actions and closing remarks 10-15 minutes.
Networking lunch will be provided.
We are planning to present talks in a variety of topics of interest in sensing technology – design and development of sensors including, but not limited to, non-destructive examination (NDE), underwater acoustics and sensing applications in industrial machinery.
Please, if you aim to take part to this meeting complete the following Google questionnaire: it will take only a few minutes and it will help us in the meeting organisation.
The University of Birmingham are kindly supporting this UKAN event by providing the venue. Building G8 is on the University of Birmingham Campus map https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/Documents/university/edgbaston-campus-map.pdf. The address for this venue is:
School of Civil Engineering
Birmingham Centre for Railway Research and Education
Gisbert Kapp Building
University of Birmingham
Access by bus: Lots of buses go to the Gisbert Kapp Building e.g. 98, X61 63 etc.
Access by train: a 7 minute ride from Birmingham New Street, (2 stops to University station) followed by a 5 minute walk.