Areas of research:
- Scientific computing, numerical and computational modelling of physical phenomena;
- Design of structures to resist seismic/wind loads;
- Vibro-Acoustic material characterisation;
- Building acoustics (lab and in situ testing, development and optimisation of products);
- Material characterisation and modelling;
- Building sustainability and energy savings;
- FEM simulations.
What would you like UKAN to do for you?
To share potential opportunities for collaboration.
How would you like to contribute to UKAN?
Research collaboration in acoustic material development and characterisation.
Acoustic tests available:
ISO10534-2 Determination of sound absorption coefficient and impedance in impedance tubes
BS EN 29052 Method for the determination of dynamic stiffness. Materials used under floating
floors in dwellings.
ISO 9053 Materials for acoustical applications - Determination of airflow resistance.
Standing wave tube transmission loss.
Material damping and loss factor.
Impact sound isulation testing.
Full micro-structural characterisation of porous media (Biot parameter characterisation).
Subjective evaluation of sound quality.
Industrial/ work place noise assessment.
Environmental noise assessment.
Marine and Offshore noise consultancy.
Acoustic material design and optimisation.
Product acoustic performance assessment.
Applications development and noise control treatment
Software or numerical codes: