As part of the growth of the Department of Engineering, we are seeking applications for a Lecturer in Engineering.
We are creating a vibrant Department that looks to lead innovation in education and research at one of the world’s leading universities. To support our ambition, King’s is investing in new multi-million-pound teaching and research laboratories of more than 3000 sqm for the Department at heart of its Strand campus, which opened in August 2022. We celebrate diversity and actively promote an inclusive environment and encourage applicants from underrepresented groups.
In moving our ambitions forward, we are continuing to appoint academics to join us in shaping the future of education and research for King’s Engineering.
We are developing a strong research profile with activities in areas such as mechatronics, sensors, signal and information processing, electronics, electrical engineering, materials, and telecommunications. As we are looking to both strengthen and expand our activities, we are seeking candidates with research and/or experience in the above and in industrial automation and manufacturing, process modelling, digital twins, Internet of Things (IoT), immersive audio technologies and mechanics and structures. We welcome candidates whose research in these areas supports engineering for resilience, security and sustainability.
We have research links in our Faculty of Natural, Mathematical and Engineering Sciences, across the College, and beyond. King’s is part of the London Centre for Nanotechnology (LCN) with shared research and facilities between King’s, UCL and Imperial. All of these foster an active, vibrant, and collaborative research environment.
We offer undergraduate and postgraduate education, with a distinctive approach, combining traditional teaching methods with modern, project-based learning, catering for the needs of our students and the industries in which they will work. It is essential that applicants have the enthusiasm and commitment needed to ensure the success of these programmes.
For more information: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/engineering
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time post
- Undertake a self-directed programme of research and scholarship at a level commensurate with current international standard
- Enhance the research profile of the Department through academic outputs, including publications and scientific meetings, scholarship, academic and industrial collaboration and other externally facing activities
- Supervise and train postgraduate students and postdoctoral research staff to ensure their effective development
- Enthusiastically contribute to academic management and support the administration and development of the department to further its education, research activities, and ambitions.
- Deliver an excellent student experience through innovative teaching and assessment methods for both undergraduate and postgraduate taught programmes, in core engineering and an area of engineering specialism
- Be responsible for the wellbeing and pastoral care of students, including acting as Personal Tutor
- Engage with and contribute to department, faculty, and institutional level initiatives in accordance with strategy at all levels of the organisation
- Actively promote and participate in equality and diversity and collegiality
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.