Fixed Term: For 19 months
Grade: Competitive Package
Interview Date: Monday 27 January 2020
Kick start your career with a KTP – become a business leader of the future
The harshness of the marine environment makes accurate seismic mapping of the ocean floor particularly challenging. This project will deliver the next generation of Seamap’s seismic sensor devices resulting in improved data acquisition and accuracy while reducing costs and increasing revenue. This 19 month KTP will bring together leading experts in underwater acoustic measurements and remote electronic devices which through the Associate, will enable the development of new seismic sensors. These sensors will be designed to be easily fitted to existing seismic gun rigging and will provide exact positioning of the acoustic guns irrespective of the harshness of mapping conditions.
Throughout the project the KTP Associate will play a key role in managing and implementing strategic development in the business and transferring knowledge between the University and the business.
The company – Established in 1987, Seamap, a wholly owned subsidiary of Mitcham Industries, Inc., designs, manufactures and sells a broad range of proprietary products for the seismic, hydrographic and offshore industry. With engineering, manufacturing, sales and support bases located in Texas, Singapore and the United Kingdom, Seamap (U.K.) Ltd is able to respond to customer’s needs anywhere in the world 24-hours a day.
The role is full-time and will be based at Seamap Ltd premises in Shepton Mallet, Somerset.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a Master’s qualification (or equivalent) in electronic engineering or related field.
- Have hardware design experience in electronics and sensors
- Possess a strong software background with previous industrial or research project experience in sensor design.
- Have the ability and desire to lead and undertake commercial technical development within the company.
- Show a proven experience of programming skills, and ideally some experience of basic marine acoustics (or willingness to learn).
In addition the Associate is expected to play a major role in coordinating the stakeholders involved in this project, so must have good communication and organisation skills.
KTP Associate – The benefits
- Accelerate your career
- Gain valuable experience and marketable, highly transferable skills
- Take early responsibility for a high profile project
- Receive mentoring from the company and an experienced academic team
- Opportunity to gain a professional qualification
- Receive practical and formal management training and development
- Enjoy an excellent chance of a permanent post with the company
It is essential that you understand how KTP works with business and the University, and the vital role you will play. Information about KTPs: http://ktp.innovateuk.org/
Closing date: Sunday 5 January 2020
Interviews will be held at the Company premises in Shepton Mallet, on Monday 27 January 2020
Questions about this role email: email@example.com
Apply through this link.