Research Engineer at Toshiba – Speech Technology
Closing date for applications: 16 November 2020
Committed to People, Committed to the Future. The Toshiba Group is an ambitious and forward-thinking brand, which is recognised for its history of world leading manufacturing and design of advanced electronics and information systems. We develop reliable technologies in the area of social infrastructure, energy, electronic devices and digital solutions with the aim of achieving a sustainable tomorrow. The Cambridge Research Laboratory (CRL) is a vital part of Toshiba’s worldwide research and development network, as it is responsible for a number of significant world-first developments, and the results of its research are already finding their way into new Toshiba products.
The Speech Technology Group at Cambridge Research Laboratory is looking for exceptional candidates to join our team of researchers. We seek a creative mind who can significantly advance our state-of-the-art for distant conversational automatic speech recognition (ASR). Publishing at major conferences and in top journals is widely encouraged and is our main objective. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with world leading academic groups or institutions across the European Union as well as with in the Toshiba Corporate R&D Center in Japan.
- Develop and investigate new ideas in speech technology.
- Contribute to Toshiba’s future technologies
- Represent Toshiba by publishing in conferences and journals.
- Possibility to propose and supervise internships and PhD research
- A PhD in the areas related to speech technology, machine learning or a related field (Post-doctoral/industrial experience is beneficial).
- Hand-on experience with theoretical derivations and practical implementations.
- Strong publication record at major conferences or journals.
- Solid programming skills with Python and/or C/C++ and proficient with Unix/Linux.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Sound understanding of one or more of the following areas related to distant conversational automatic speech recognition:
- Signal processing and enhancement (Overlapping speakers, robustness to noise and reverberation, etc).
- Acoustic and Language modelling (Hybrid, End-to-end approaches, joint modelling, model adaptation, etc).
- System building and prototype development.
What we offer:
- Academic research environment to perform fundamental research
- Collaboration with world class academics and institutions.
- Competitive salary and flexible working hours.
- Comprehensive medical insurance and performance-based bonus.
Please submit your application at: https://careers.toshiba.eu//displayjob.aspx?jobid=132