Job Opportunity at Dyson, Noise and Vibration Engineer
Posted on Jun 3, 2019 in Job Opportunities in Acoustics
- Salary: Competitive + Bonus + Pension + additional benefits
- Team: Mechanical Engineering, Research Engineering
- Location: Malmesbury – United Kingdom
- Closing Date: 30th August, but looking to hire as soon as possible and the position will likely be filled before this date so please apply soon.
The role is to support the acoustic design and development of our class leading products, with a focus on engineering simulation.
At Dyson we are constantly innovating and evolving our technologies for the products of tomorrow. Engineering great sounding products is central to what we do, and to support this we are growing our team and broadening our capability. The role would suit either:
- an engineer with a noise and vibration background and an interest in simulation; or
- a general engineer (mechanical, fluid dynamics or similar) with existing simulation capability and an interest in noise and vibration.
- Support design and development using a range of measurement, simulation and analysis methods.
- Optimise and develop engineering simulation tools for noise and vibration.
- Communicate findings to project teams, including senior managers, company directors and James Dyson.
- Work with design teams to optimise our products and integrate new acoustic solutions.
- Identify potential new research areas which would benefit from noise and vibration technology development.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience of finite element analysis or related simulation tools (e.g. boundary element, CFD, ANSYS, Comsol, Numeca).
- A clear logical thinker, curious about new concepts, with a creative approach to solving problems.
- A self-starter, capable of working un-supervised to an agreed goal.
- Programming or signal processing experience (MATLAB preferred).
- Experience of noise and vibration data acquisition hardware and software.
- Aerodynamics or aero-acoustic fundamentals.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
To apply, please using the link below