- Jul 5 - Jul 9, 2021
- On line, please apply here: https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/ComAcouSS2021/
This Summer School will offer graduate-level training in the fundamental and applied aspects of computational acoustics. It covers the main numerical methods currently in use in industry and under development in academia, such as finite element method, finite-difference method, boundary element method, and geometrical methods. The course will include the required theoretical foundation needed to understand the properties of numerical schemes for acoustics. Attendees will also benefit from tutorial materials to develop best practice with several simulation methods. Taught by leading academics and researchers in the field, the course is intended for researchers and engineers from both academia and industry.
The workshop is free to join but participation is limited to members of the constituent societies of the European Acoustical Association (EAA) and the UK Acoustics Network / UK Acoustics Network Plus (UKAN+). Please note that UKAN+ is free to join for any researcher in the UK.
- Olivier Dazel, Le Mans Université
- Gwénaël Gabard, Le Mans Université
- Jonathan Hargreaves, University of Salford
- Vicente Cutanda Henriquez, Technical University of Denmark (DTU)
- Nick Ovenden, University College London
- Andrew Gibbs, University College London
- Amelia Gully, University of York
- Maarten Hornikx, Eindhoven University of Technology
- Peter Svensson, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
The online delivery of this event is supported by the Virtual Forum for Knowledge Exchange in the Mathematical Sciences (V-KEMS)