Waves in Time-Varying Media Workshop Series – 4 events in this new series
- Mar 31 - Jun 30, 2021
- 9.00 am (EST) — 12.00 am (EST)
via Zoom 4 x 3 hour sessions
Dear UKAN member,
We would like to extend the Waves in Time – Varying Media’s organising team’s invitation you to attend the first online workshop series dedicated to wave propagation in time-varying media. This event is completely free to both attendees and presenters, but the number of attendees might be capped, and registration is required.
In order to fit schedules more easily, and minimise “Zoom fatigue”, this workshop is split into 4 sessions,
each 3-hours long, respectively dedicated to:
• Theory and Fundamental Aspects of Time-Varying Media:
◦ Plenaries: Andrea Alu’, Shanhui Fan
◦ Date: Wednesday 31st March 2021, 9-12am EST on Zoom
• Engineering Aspects and Sonic Implementations of Time-Modulation:
◦ Plenaries: Nader Engheta, Mathias Fink
◦ Date: Wednesday 28th April 2021, 9-12am EST on Zoom
• Nanophotonic and Nonlinear-Optical Platforms for Time-Modulation:
◦ Plenaries: (tba), Robert Boyd
◦ Date: Wednesday 26th May 2021, 9-12am EST on Zoom
• Interactive Poster Session and Final Roundtable:
◦ Plenary: Mordechai Segev
◦ Date: Wednesday 30th June 2021, 9-12am EST on gather.town
You are welcome to extend this invitation to your students/ collaborators who may be interested, and we encourage all attendees to submit an abstract to present their work at the interactive poster session, and to participate in the OSA Early Career Best Poster Competition. This will be hosted on
gather.town, providing a unique opportunity to discuss your recent work with other attendees and review other groups’ work in a format that reproduces the “casual” scientific interactions of a real conference as closely as possible.
Finally, whether your group is presenting or attending the workshop, we have just launched a research highlight page on our website, which will feature up to 5 papers from each group on the topic of timevarying media. We warmly encourage you to take this opportunity to share your research with our growing community.
You may find further details at the workshop webpage:
We hope you will be able to join us at “Waves in Time-Varying Media”, and look forward to your contribution.
With kind regards,
The Organising Team of Waves in Time-Varying Media